Ok, maybe not.
Dominic Fifield reported in The Guardian Monday that the Cameroonian international will be coming to MLS this summer, and make no mistake, Chivas USA was listed as among the clubs he could be going to once he arrives.
So it's safe to say that it's pretty unlikely Eto'o will join Chivas, even if he does come to MLS.
Still, he has experience playing under difficult circumstances, between his stint at Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala and the all-too-frequent turmoil that has surrounded Cameroon's national team.
As we always say with huge names like this, by all means Jorge Vergara, if you want to make a splash and get a player sure to produce, you could do much worse than Eto'o.
But let's be real: the chances of Eto'o coming to Chivas are infinitesimal. The Guardian is a reputable publication, but this report, at least as far as the mooted teams, does not really have legs. I'd believe MLS will open up another DP spot to allow the LA Galaxy to sign Eto'o before I would think Chivas would splash the cash for him.
But of course, we'll keep an eye on this rumor and let you know if there's more to it.
What do you think? Leave a comment below!
- Chivas USA 2013 Player Postmortem: Jaime Frias
- Once a Goat: Paulo Nagamura wins MLS Cup with Sporting Kansas City
- Report: Wilmer Cabrera is a candidate for Chivas USA head coach
- Will Chivas USA be playing in Las Vegas once again in February?
- MLS Commissioner Don Garber: Chivas USA will not be contracted or moved