Yesterday, Philadelphia-based journalist Jonathan Tannenwald published an interview with Chivas USA defender Carlos Bocanegra on Philly.com. The player was in town for the recent annual NSCAA Convention held in Philly, and talked with Tannenwald on a variety of topics. It is definitely worth a look in its entirety. You can find it here.
Among the highlights from a Chivas USA perspective, Bocanegra says,
We've also brought in some veteran leadership - I don't know if they've all been announced yet, so I don't know if I'm allowed to say things about that.
When Tannenwald asked if he was talking about Adolfo "Bofo" Bautista in reference to said veteran leadership, Boca had a pretty interesting response:
Ah, I wasn't speaking about him though.
He also speaks about the struggles of the team, how it filtered down to the players (or didn't), and possible changes in the mechanism that brought him to Chivas. That part is pretty interesting...I'd love to hear your thoughts on exactly what he's trying to say there.
Again, a worthwhile interview all around. Be sure to check it out.
What do you think? Leave a comment below!
- Have Chivas USA kept pace with fellow cellar dwellers D.C. United and Toronto FC this offseason?
- Once a Goat: Jonathan Bornstein moves to Atlante, but still doesn't see much action
- 2013 Chivas USA Player Postmortem: Dan Kennedy
- Chivas USA holding open tryout this weekend for U-23 and first teams
- Chivas USA Academy's U-18 team to play in Copa Chivas international tournament