The final two rounds of the 2014 MLS SuperDraft took place today, and Chivas USA had picks in each round. In the first, the Goats took Kristopher Tyrpak out of Houston Baptist University with the second pick in the third round (40th overall).
Tyrpak, 21, also played for the Austin Aztex in the USL PDL and was named that league's MVP for the 2013 season. He scored 9 goals and chipped in 10 assists last year. The Aztex previously produced young Vancouver Whitecaps striker Kekuta Manneh.
MLSsoccer.com has a scouting report on Tyrpak here.
We'll have more coverage on this and Chivas' last pick later today.
What do you think? Leave a comment below!
- Have Chivas USA kept pace with fellow cellar dwellers D.C. United and Toronto FC this offseason?
- Once a Goat: Jonathan Bornstein moves to Atlante, but still doesn't see much action
- 2013 Chivas USA Player Postmortem: Dan Kennedy
- Chivas USA holding open tryout this weekend for U-23 and first teams
- Chivas USA Academy's U-18 team to play in Copa Chivas international tournament